header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

And. I. Am. Back.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I ran tonight. Finally.


I was really scared before I ran. Nervous. I even started to put it off for one more day, just to make sure I wouldn't hurt. I was really worried I'd start running and feel the exact same pain I had before. The first time my side had hurt with my gallbladder was when I ran. How horrible would it be if it happened each time I ran? I was worried. But, I went ahead and ran. 


It felt great. I ran about 8 minutes before I had to stop to walk (I almost made it a mile). I took a couple of minutes to recover, ran another 5 minutes, walked for a minute, ran 5 more minutes, and then walked for 5 more minutes. It wasn't ideal. I was hoping I'd run without any pain and without needing to walk. One can dream, right? I had some pain in my side, especially at the end. So, instead of pushing through and going the full 3 miles that I had planned, I went about 2 miles. Although I was hoping it would be easier and I'd be able to go for longer, I'm really pleased that I didn't feel like I had to start all over. I was scared that I was going to have to go through the entire Couch to 5K program again. I don't think I could have handled that emotionally at all. :) 


So, I'm BACK! I am looking online now for the next 5K that I want to run in and I'm hoping to find a 10K at the end of October/beginning of November. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way... I'm hoping that my body will cooperate and I can work up to the half marathon that I was planning to run this spring. And, no, Rebecca, don't even think about pressuring me to run the half marathon with you in October. There's no way. :) 

1 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you are running again!