header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Bailey's First Day...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
And she is at school... she did great. She was excited. She woke up early, ate breakfast (pancakes - her favorite, compliments of me), got dressed, and was ready. 


Off we went. 


By the time we got to the school, she was completely quiet. I think she got nervous. We went inside the school and the smile she had when she got up this morning was gone. She hardly spoke to anyone who talked to her. Everyone was making her feel welcome and good. Little girls complimented her on our outfit and her backpack. Yet, she barely acknowledged anyone. Even her teachers, who are fabulous, by the way, went on and on about how excited they were and how much fun they were going to have. Her teacher, Mrs. O. told her that her little girl had a pair of Lelli Kelly shoes just like Bailey's, but she didn't respond. The only thing she said was, "My milk money is in the pocket of my lunch box." It was mumbled and without Bailey's typical smile. That made me a little nervous. BUT... no tears. I smiled really big and told her how much fun she was going to have and told her that I'd see her in no time at all. She hugged me, but wouldn't really look at me, and found her seat. I think she was trying to fight back some tears... only because I think she knew she'd have fun, but she was still a little nervous. I remember being a little girl at a new school (it happened a lot because my dad was in the military until I was about 10). I remember that feeling exactly... knowing that I was going to be fine and enjoy it, but still feeling a little like crying because I was still a little nervous and still a little sad to be leaving my mom. 


She'll be fine... I'm sure she is already having fun and she's only been there for a half hour or so. I can't wait to hear how she likes it... to hear all the stories... and to see her smile again. I know she'll come running out to the car this afternoon with so much to tell me about. :) 


Until then... Jake and I are hanging out and watching a Batman cartoon for the gazillionth time. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, and hopefully, hopefully, I'll get a call from the doctor's office about my gallbladder test. 


Pictures of Bailey's first day coming soon... got to download them. :)

0 comments: