header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

'Twas the day before Kindergarten...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
'Twas the day before Kindergarten and all through the house... you could hear my daughter saying, "I start school tomorrow." :) 


That's pretty much all I have heard all day. We went to bed last night after our orientation. It took her an hour and a half to fall asleep. She kept asking me questions about waking up early. She wanted to make sure we wouldn't be late. She asked me repeatedly to wake her up early this morning (Tuesday) for practice. She just wanted to make sure she could do it. I, of course, argued that today would be our last day of sleeping in, so we should totally enjoy it. :) That was me being selfish, of course. 


Orientation went well. It was chaotic to say the least, but overall, we were happy with how things went. Our overly-confident and excited daughter was very pleased with all that she saw, with the exception of the minimal amount of toys in the classroom. She was expecting something a little more like her preschool classroom at the Christian school she attended last year. We have explained that Kindergarten is less play and more work. She wasn't super-excited to hear that, but eventually, she came around to the idea that she will enjoy learning so much that she won't have time to miss toys.

And so, I woke up at 8 a.m. this morning to Bailey smiling in my face and saying, "I start school tomorrow. Would I have to be up earlier than this?" Yes, honey... you have to be school at 7:45.... please get in your bed and watch a cartoon or something. I want my last morning to sleep in to last a little longer. Please... please. :)


Sleeping in... not in the cards for me. But 8 a.m. isn't too bad, I suppose. 


We spent all day today at the pool. It was HOT... and the pool will be closed until 4 p.m. from here on out, so we all wanted to take advantage. It was kind of sad to me that our summer of spending complete days at the pool has ended. I hope it's not the last summer that I can take advantage of this, but even if it is, that's OK. We really have enjoyed it. I know how lucky I am that we had this very carefree summer to enjoy together. 


Bailey told everyone we saw at the pool that she was starting school tomorrow. She is completely psyched about it. And so did Jake... he also thinks he is starting school tomorrow. I don't know how we are going to handle that. I keep telling him that he is going to get to stay home with me and play. He just told me that I'm not fun... thanks, bud... I thought that wouldn't happen for a while. Before we went to bed, he was telling me that he was going to spend the day at his mimi and poppa's house tomorrow and while Bailey goes to school from here on out. Not sure where that came from either, but apparently it is much more fun than being at home with me. lol. I hate to tell him that we aren't driving 2 hours for him to stay with mimi and poppa each day... even if they didn't have jobs and would be at home, which isn't the case. :) 


And so it all begins... the lunch box and backpack are ready to go. My camera battery is all charged up. The adorable outfit that Cilla bought for Bailey a few weeks ago is laying out in her room for her special day. I hope she will do as wonderfully as we expect. She is dying to ride the bus and has spent as much time as possible trying to convince me to let her ride the bus tomorrow. To and from school... she doesn't "need" me to walk her in. She keeps telling me she knows where she is going. I am so happy that she's so ready... but man, it would be a little nice to be needed for a moment. lol. Don't worry... Jake will be the kid crying and hanging on my leg. I'll be regretting ever wishing for something other than a child who can't wait to get to school. 


Oh... and because I know you'll ask... I haven't heard from the doctor. The results have been sent to their office, so I should hear something tomorrow morning. If not... I might have a nervous breakdown. :)

0 comments: