header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Training for my 5K....

Tuesday, June 29, 2010
As I alluded to in my last couple of blogs, I have continued to run and prepare for the 5K. Even while on vacation. I can't believe that I was that dedicated. Maybe I really am serious about this running thing. 


I'm really, really excited about my progress. I have ran for the past two nights. Last night I ran 25 minutes without stopping to walk. It was nearly 2.5 miles. I realize that's probably really slow, but you know what? I didn't expect to ever be able to run without walking. So... I'm pumped. Tonight, I ran earlier in the evening and it was hotter than I thought it would be. I ran 21 minutes, walked a minute and thirty seconds, and ran another 3 minutes. Rebecca and I are planning to try our first 5K on Saturday. She's set a goal to run it in less than 40 minutes (I think) and I think we can do that. I might have to stop to walk some, but I think we can do it. I'm really hoping to run it without walking, but I don't want to be disappointed in myself. I know that I can do it by the Bluegrass State Games on the 17th, which was my original goal. So, that's what I'll stick with. But, secretly (or not so secretly, I suppose), I'm hoping that I can do it on Saturday. :) 


In any case... I'm really happy with where I am. And, if I am dead last, oh well. Who is keeping track anyway? LOL.


Oh... and one more thing... my dad hasn't run in years. Guess what he told me last night? He's been running again. I think we're going to try and do a 5K together some time soon. How cool is that? :) 

0 comments: