header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

More Food

Monday, June 14, 2010
On Saturday, Brad watched the kids for me so that I could run out and pick up a few things at one of my favorite stores, Kohl's, for our vacation to the beach (only 4 days until we leave!!!). It took me longer than I anticipated. So, I wasn't really sure if it would be a good idea for me to try a new recipe on Saturday evening. We were in a hurry to get to the ball park for our t-ball game, but I had been craving the fettucine alfredo on Pioneer Woman's website ever since I'd seen it. And, I had been thinking that the pork tenderloin that I went on and on about last week would be an ideal combination for the pasta.

Yum. Does that say it? Actually, the cheese was a little clumpy, but I think that was my fault. I didn't really "sift" it (I know that's not the right word, but I can't think of what would be). So, when I put the cheese in, it was already clumped together in spots, which just made it harder to melt. So... note to self (and for anyone who might try it), make sure the cheese isn't clumped prior to cooking. Other than that, it was wonderful. And, I was right about the pork tenderloin (imagine that!). It was the perfect item to go with the pasta meal. It will be a future meal in our house. And... to top it off... it was really relatively easy. I think once I cook it a few times, I could have it down so that I could cook it without really reading the recipe... and that's saying something. :)

So... for my list... I'm up to four new recipes that I have added to my "collection." In case you wanted the links to them, here they are:

Fettucine Alfredo
Chicken Stir Fry
Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich (Steak - DELICIOUS)
Pork Tenderloin

Do you think Pioneer Woman would think I'm strange for being obsessed with her cooking? :) I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have a Julie & Julia moment with her. lol.

0 comments: