header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Running...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010
As most of you know, I am now back at my training for the 5K. And, it's going well. I'm back up to where I was before I hurt my ankle, so I'm feeling like it is possible to do this again. The really cool thing is that my ankle doesn't hurt. So, last night, I decided to take a look at the training schedule to see if I thought I would be able to run in the Bluegrass State Games, since it was my original goal. And, I'm going to be pushing it, but I think I can still do it. It would be the week that I finish my training plan (the Couch to 5K program). I am nervous that I won't be ready to run it completely through without walking. I am hopeful that I'll be able to, but I'm just not sure. I've been contemplating this and I think what I'm going to do is plan to run the Bluegrass State Games and if I can't make it through without walking, I'll just kind of use that as part of my training for the next one. It will kind of be my practice run. Then, I'll plan to run in the Midsummer's Night Run in Lexington in August.  The nice thing about doing it this way is that if I do run in the Bluegrass State Games without walking, then I run in the Midsummer's Night Run, then I can just work on my time. :) 



0 comments: