header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Training Day 1... Again

Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I am back at more than just blogging, I suppose. :) I ran for the first time since my ankle problems this evening. I wasn't sure how I would do since I hadn't trained in a couple of weeks and because I wasn't sure if my ankle was "really" ready. But, good news! I had no pain in my ankle. It's a little tired feeling tonight, but that's it. The bad news? Well, I am practically starting over with my training. I ran 90 seconds and walked 90 seconds alternately for 21 minutes, so I'm better off than the first week of the training, but not much. So, it did hurt me not to run during that time.  I'm not disappointed that much... maybe a little disappointed, but not much. I am just happy that I was able to run at all without feeling like I should amputate my feet when I got home. lol. 


So, I'm starting it back up. We'll see how it goes. :) 


Oh... and tip for those of you with ankle trouble. The doctor told me that a good exercise to strengthen and stretch your ankle is to use your toes to write the alphabet in the air while you are just hanging out on the couch. He said if you do it a few times a day, it will help. It does seem to make my ankles feel better. So, maybe it's worth a try! 



1 comments:

  1. Congrats on running again...I know how good that must feel. I had forgotten all about the ABC stretches...I used to do them all the time :)