header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

My training

Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I'm still here, in case you all were getting worried. :)

A few new developments have delayed my training. Yes, I'm still planning to do the 5K. In July? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure at this point. I'm extremely frustrated, but trying to be patient with myself and not take it out on everyone else. Yes, poor Brad. :)

So, after my last day of training (Training Day 5), I was having a lot of pain in both of my ankles. Yet, the right one was much worse, even swelling. That was almost a week ago. Still swollen, still hurting, although I haven't run any. Since it isn't bruising and the swelling doesn't seem to be getting any worse, I just keep icing it and taking Ibuprofen. Thanks to my good friend, Kristyn, I also found out about a wonderful product called BioFreeze. It is wonderful while it lasts! I wish I could apply it and it would work miraculously for days instead of a few hours, but it's much better than nothing at all. It seems to numb the pain, which is probably what I'm going to need if I ever run again. lol.

At this point, I'm not sure when that running will begin again. I'm so disappointed that I can hardly find the words to express it. I want to do this so bad - just to prove to myself that I can - and my freaking ankle is holding me back. I even feel like I'm not as bad of shape as I had thought and that I actually might be able to do this without it killing me in the cardio-sense (I know that is probably not really a word). Yet, here I sit five training days in and holding. I'll keep you guys posted on how this all develops. Brad has "advised strongly" against me running this week. He thinks that I need to give my ankle time to "heal." So, I'm trying to be a good wife and listen, even though I really want to ignore him and the pain and keep running. Boo.

0 comments: