header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, I promise

Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I am such a Debbie Downer this week! I don't mean to be, I swear it. :) 


But today was another great day in the life of... 


So, remember how I thought I was such a pansy? Well, maybe I wasn't as big of a pansy as I thought. Or I could be, but the verdict is still out on that. 


Before I go any further, I need to remind everyone of how important food is to me. How I love food... especially greasy, fattening food. You know, fresh green beans cooked in bacon grease, type of good food. 


OK... back to the subject. 


After running on Monday, my side continued to hurt. And it continued to feel worse. As in, every time I take a deep breath, I feel like I'm being stabbed. It comes and goes... it's not constant, but it's not ever completely gone either. I determined that I just must have pulled an ab muscle (and that still could be it). After Bible School last night, I collapsed into the recliner and debated with Brad and our friend, Paul, about whether or not I should go to the hospital. It was getting worse. I went to bed, determined that a pulled muscle would be it and I'd wake up better. This morning, I was sick to my stomach. I called the doctor, made an appointment, and my hubby came home to take care of the kids. Oh, no worries... I did a fair share of googling this, too. So, you know I've had everything from a pulled muscle to a collapsed lung, from appendicitis to liver cancer. Yep... love Google. Anyway... the doctor ruled out bladder/kidney/urinary issues pretty quickly. She told me that it sounded like my gallbladder and we'd have to do some more tests to see. So, now I'm waiting on blood results... and to get an ultrasound scheduled. Yay. 


Sadly, do you know what I'm most concerned about? (Foreshadowing, anyone?) My diet. I can't imagine a life worth living without my greasy foods. Surgery? Sure... just let me have my grease, please. :) I know... that's probably going to have to change with or without surgery, if it is indeed a gallbladder issue. But, I will have to mourn and grieve for this particular change in my life. I don't want to live without all of that wonderful deliciousness. :( 


Debbie Downer, for sure. 

3 comments:

  1. Jess Toews said...:

    I hope everything comes back ok. I too love food and thought I would die when my doctor told me I was Diabetic and needed to watch my sugar intake. However, I made it. You'll make it too.
    BTW, I love reading your blog and get super excited when you have a new post. I love your writing and your insights on life. Have a wonderful week!!
    Jess

  1. Unknown said...:

    Hope you feel better soon and you figure out what is going on. This will make you laugh...about 6 weeks after delivering Gabby, I was in pain in my low abdomen. It goes on and get MUCH worse. I call my OB who basically rules out most things and gives me some suggestions, telling me to go to Women's and Children's if it gets too bad. Long story short, after pain meds, hot and cold compresses, vomitting and much sweating; I went to the ER. After sitting (in a ball) in the waiting room and back in the back and after an x-ray, the ER doc (luckily a VERY nice woman) came in my cube to tell me I HAD GASS AND WAS CONSTIPATED!!! Are you kidding me!!! I went to the ER because I had to go to the bathroom!!! I have not let myself live that one down!!! Anyway, hope your issue is less embarrassing than mine. ;~)

  1. andreaooten said...:

    Thank you girls!

    You are too sweet, Jess! I appreciate it so much. I'm glad that I don't drive people crazy with my posts! lol!

    And, Katie, that is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard! lol. I hope that's not what they tell me, especially since I feel like I need to tell everyone on my blog what's going on now. lol.