header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Camden Park, Dealing with Disappointment, and a New (to us) Truck

Thursday, July 15, 2010
I now have my normal back. My little man needed to come home to his mommy. He needed to come home to his home... to his stuff. Bailey would probably never come home, but Jake needs his mommy. :) And, despite the fact that he refuses to admit that he missed his daddy, he really did. He kept asking about him all day. 


Yesterday I made the trip to Ashland to pick them up and spend some time with my parents. I had planned to stay all night, after taking the kids to Camden Park. Mom and I were so excited to take them. We had built it up to Bailey and Jake, telling them we were taking them to a surprise and that they were going to have so much fun. We were as excited as they were... we both couldn't wait to get a corndog. :) We had heard that if you went after 5, you could get in for a significant discount, so we made our way over and got there at about 6. Well, we heard wrong. If you go on Friday or Saturday after 5, you get a discount. If you go during the week, they close at 7 or 7:30. Two babies were very upset. Bailey stood and sobbed. I felt horrible. We convinced her that we would come back on a Friday or Saturday in the near future and that we would still do something really fun. Then, the panic set in for me and mom as we tried to come up with something fun to do. Before it was all said and done, we decided to go see The Last Airbender. I liked it. Jake liked it. Bailey hated it. Honestly, I think she was too tired to enjoy anything. I think she knew if she sat still and watched the movie, she'd fall asleep. So, she spent most of the movie just complaining. When we left the movie, Jake said he wanted to go to his house... his home. We got back to Lexington at midnight. 


The fun thing about our trip is that I got to drive our new truck. Or Brad's new truck... or as Jake refers to it already, his new truck. :) Men love trucks. It's just natural. Brad was like a kid in candy land when we brought it home on Tuesday. Jake was equally as excited to show Colt the truck. I'm guessing he knew that Colt would love it, too. As soon as we saw Colt, Jake said, "Come on... come see my new twuck." I have to admit that I love it, too. I don't like the gas mileage, but that was expected. :) I do love the way it rides though... very nice. And, just for the record, we got it used, traded our Corolla, and were able to keep our payments the same each month. So, no we haven't hit the lottery, as much as I wish we had. :)

0 comments: