header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Am I sick or something?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Yes, I am still alive. :) 


No, I am not sick. 


I have, however, had a swollen ankle, which has kept me from running (much) over the past 5 days or so. But, that's about to end tonight. Today is the first time it hasn't been swollen and I have big plans to go on a run. Nervous about Saturday? Uh... yes. It's the Bluegrass State Games race and I feel like it's been weeks since I've actually ran well. 


Something is wrong with me. I truly NEED to run now. Last night, I was in a really bad mood because I couldn't go run. I even tried to convince Brad to go play tennis with me after he refused to go and run. He, of course, pointed out that the reason he wouldn't run with me was because of my ankle, so why would he go play tennis with me. Boo. 


In all honesty, I felt bad. Just lousy. I truly NEED to do this now. I guess there are worst things to NEED. :) But still... something is just not right about ME needing to RUN. I'm transforming... I think an alien must have taken over my body in my sleep. Something is just not right. :)


My kids have been gone since Sunday. They went to their Mamaw Kathy's on Sunday and Monday. Today, they met up with my parents and are spending at least tonight there, maybe tomorrow too. I miss them like crazy, but I've enjoyed the time without them, too. My house is clean. It took two full days of working on it to get it where I wanted it and I still have a few things to do, but it is clean. Like sparkly clean. :) Yes, I know... it is very sad that this is how I spent my time without my kids, but I needed this too. :) We also enjoyed beer and wings with Cilla, Bret, and John on Sunday before we went to a movie (like a real movie, not a dollar theater one - we are totally moving up in the world). :) Last night we had plans to go and run, and well, you heard about that already. 


Tonight? Well, before we run, we're making a trip to the car dealership to look at a truck. It's a long shot that we'll get it, but maybe, just maybe. :) 


So... that's what I've been up to. Cleaning... not running... missing my kids... and car shopping for Brad. And eating tons of steak for some reason. I guess I just love red meat. :) 


Hopefully, I'll post a couple of other things tonight. I have a couple of things I want to wrap up from the past few weeks before I forget them. I have a list of what I need to do to get caught up. My whole freaking life is a list. lol. OK... I'm going to stop spouting off every thought entering my head. :) I think not running is making more crazy than it should. Running... got to do it more so I won't have ridiculous posts like this one. That's going on the to-do list next. :)



0 comments: