header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Training Day 1

Friday, April 23, 2010
So, today was the first day of my training. I was eager to get started. I am working on a schedule I found online that helps me ease into this. Please remember that I have not ran at all in years. Very many years...

So, now I am working my way up to actually running a good portion of the time that I'm out there. Today, my schedule was to walk for 5 minutes to warm up, then to run for 60 seconds and walk for 90 seconds. I did this for 20 minutes. It wasn't too bad. I actually was surprised that I made it as well as I did. I would have predicted that I would have died about halfway through the program. :) Surprisingly, I actually did make it through the full 20 minutes. I only felt like I was going to have to completely stop once, after running up a hill.

I have to say it felt great. Part of it was nice because I had a mp3 player blaring in my ears, no kids complaining or needing anything, just me and the music. But, the best part was feeling like I could actually pull this off and make it. My legs are tired tonight and my ankle is sore - I predict a new pair of shoes will be in my future very soon. I know tomorrow will be worse and Brad has already given me the words of encouragement... "Get through the first week... it will be the worst." First day = good day. I can do this. I really think I can do this.

0 comments: