header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Sweet Kisses

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Today was a very affectionate day for Jake... I woke up at 8:30, much later than usual, with both babies still asleep (in the same bed as us of course!). While I was still forcing myself to wake up, Bailey started to move around. Jake followed shortly after. The typical day started... Bailey began asking for breakfast, more specifically, pancakes, and telling me to turn on cartoons. Jake was crawling around the bed, trying to get out of reach of my hands as I grasped onto his ankles to keep him from toppling over the side and into the floor. Jake crawled up to the top of the bed and leaned over me, planting an open mouth, slobbery kiss right on my mouth. This wouldn't be that unusal if it were Bailey (except that she doesn't give open mouth kisses any more - yay!). With Jake, this is a new development. He's always been cuddly and thoroughly enjoys being hugged up. He'll even sit with his head on your shoulder for 5-minute spells just to get some affection. But, kisses have not been something that has interested him that much until now. He's getting plenty of practice now though... we've had kisses all day long. Sweet little surprises for all of us, out of the blue and completely unsolicited. Maybe that's what makes them even more sweet!

0 comments: