header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Beautiful Weekend

Monday, May 26, 2008
It's been a long time coming, but we finally had a long, beautiful weekend with great weather and lots of time outside. I won't give you the complete rundown of our entire weekend, although my family would all laugh and say this might be the first time ever (yes, they say I give too many details in my stories, making it difficult to listen to me for long periods of time). It's OK. I know I'm a little detail-oriented. :)

Brad was playing basketball on Saturday, so the kids and I took advantage of the weather and worked on planting some flowers, cleaning up the yard, and shopping for outdoor items. We were the comic relief for everyone at Lowe's when we decided to purchase four (rather large) trees. I suppose I'm used to strange looks when I decide to do things that most people wouldn't attempt with two kiddos, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I guess it's my small way of still having spontaneity in my otherwise very scheduled life. We made it home with the four trees hanging out the back of the Escape, only losing a few leaves and a branch on the way home. After all that hard work, we had to take a dip in the Masterson Station pool. Bailey was thrilled; Jake was not that enthused. But, we have hope that we'll get him warmed up to the idea soon.

Brad came home that night, exhausted, but facing the daunting task of putting together the swingset that we have procrastinated on for at least two months. On Sunday, that's about all we accomplished. All of us ended the day sunburned, exhausted, and overjoyed at the thought of having the swingset there all the time. I'm so lucky to have a husband that can do these things. He did a wonderful job and is now napping on the couch. :) No work for him today... the trees that we bought will just have to wait. lol...

A few pictures from the weekend are below... Hope you guys all had a wonderful long weekend!





0 comments: