header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Mother's Day

Sunday, May 11, 2008



I enjoy writing about my babies. I always wish I had more time to sit and share all of their little quirks and record all of the funny things they do and say. I know one day I'll look back and wish I could remember what Bailey called her pacifier (her dapsi) and what noises Jake makes when he's walking around (he spends a lot of energy grunting and flexing his arms as he walks!). I probably spend as much time worrying about forgetting these things as I do actually noticing them. But I know that I'll wish that I could look back and remember each second.

However, tonight, I need to record something else to my blog memory... for 100 reasons. Most imporantly, I want to recognize how wonderful my husband is. But, also, I guess I'm giving him some ammo when I forget how he really does appreciate me. :)

You may or may not know that I am now working from home three days a week and in the office two days a week. It's been a balancing act, trying to figure out a schedule that gives everything enough attention. There have been times that I have thought I'm crazy for trying to take this all on, but when it comes to pay day, I like the extra money... and when it comes to spending time with the kids, I love being at home with them so much more. All in all, it is working out best for me and for the kids. BUT... sometimes when Brad gets home, I've had enough pressure from the kids and/or from the lack of work that I've accomplished in the day, and I take it out on him. I vent about needing more time to myself or just time to relax or just time in general. I never feel like it's Brad's fault that I don't have enough time. He just ends up being the only person that I can lay this all out on. And, he's probably the only person that can make a real difference in this arena.

I guess it should not have come to a shock to me when my extraordinary husband was the sweetest man in the world and went and bought me a present from the kids for Mother's Day - a day at the spa, including a pedicure, manicure, and a massage. Of course, I haven't gone yet (and who knows when I might be able to make that happen), but I was truly blown away. It was really nice to feel appreciated and to feel like he really does listen when I say repeatedly that I'd love to just spend a day relaxing.

Thank you, honey, for being the person that puts up with me when I need someone to vent to and for taking the time to make me feel so special.

0 comments: