header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Busy Busy Busy...

Monday, February 7, 2011
I know you have missed me. :) 


I just know it. 


And I just know you are dying to know what I've been up to... and what the rest of our clan has been doing. 


So, let me show you. 


Don't pass out... I know I haven't posted a picture in 2011, so you might actually think something crazy is going on here. 


Trust me... I think something crazy is going on here. I'm actually downloading photos. Something just isn't right in the world. 


We have played basketball... lots of basketball... at practice. At ball games. At the YMCA on nights when I need to get in a run and bribe the kids with something they enjoy. Lots and lots of basketball. And, it's paying off. Bailey is really "getting" it. She's improving each time. She still ducks or covers her head when the ball is passed to her or when she needs to be rebounding the ball, but she is not one bit scared to take the ball from another person when playing defense. 




Jake is still our tough one, but he, too, is improving. No, I'm not really referring to his ability to play basketball. Instead, I'm referring to his ability to listen to his dad and Dawn while they coach him. And, his ability to stay on the court instead of just declaring that he is done and sitting down. He even followed his teammates up and down the court in Saturday's game, which seems to indicate that he does at least know that he's supposed to follow them. haha. We are hopeful that he might attempt to get the ball at some point before the end of the season, but are very happy that he's at least just making an attempt to play. :) 





Then, there's the other thing we have dealt with this winter. A lot. 


Snow. This has pretty much been the view from our front door off and on for the past two months.
  


Leaving us with this view IN the house: 







And, then, there's the other thing we have been doing a lot of. 


Oh yeah... already talked about that... 


Basketball. :) 





Of course, there are other things included in our lives. 


Girl Scouts. Need cookies? Let me know. 


Homework. 


Play dates. Spending time with new and old friends, going to birthday parties, Super Bowl parties, etc. 


Running. Last week, I ran 8 miles for the first time. I was super-thrilled. More than halfway to that half marathon now. I'm feeling like it can be done. :) But only if I play Cake's The Distance on my iPod on repeat for the entire run. lol. 


Brad's basketball team(s). He looks like someone beat him up... bruises all over the place. But apparently, he isn't any worse than the other guys. One poor guy had a dislocated arm/shoulder because of my "sweet" husband. Nice. It wasn't his fault though... it never is. :)


And Bailey is playing tennis after school on Thursdays. She tells me, "I can't really get the hang of it. I'm horrible." 


She is. But, she enjoys trying... and I encourage her and tell her we can practice. Her response is classic Bailey, "I'm not sure it will help." :) 


Life is busy. 


And, I just have to say, it's only going to get busier. I know, is that really possible? 


I am so excited about an upcoming project. Just wait... I'll have more details on it VERY soon. Suffice it to say that I am super-excited... extremely excited... jump up and down excited.... or maybe, jump off a hay bale while trespassing on a local farm... excited. :)  Stay tuned... 




1 comments:

  1. Um, so you are going to completely crack up when you see my next blog post