header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Life lessons...

Thursday, February 10, 2011
My favorite lessons in life: 


Life isn't fair. Get over it. Totally my dad's favorite comment to me when I whined as a kid. 


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I learned this one from Granny Dale, the eternal optimist. However, we usually made things with lots of chocolate.


It's better to be a bitch than a doormat. Haha... I think my mom actually wrote this one... and it is by far my favorite one to use. :) Just ask my poor husband. 


Time waits for no man (or woman). Deadlines taught me this one. College deadlines. Work deadlines. There is a reason they call them DEAD lines. 


Sleep is overrated. Insomnia gave me this one... as did my mom, who also believes in living life to the fullest and has boundless amounts of energy.


Plastic is NOT the same as cash. Anyone want to take a guess on how I learned this one?


Killing people with kindness works (although I have not chance at knowing that from  experience).  Cilla has this one down better than anyone I know.


Patience is a virtue (a virtue that I don't have). Hmmm... Brad, maybe? I don't want to give him too much credit, but I guess it would have to be something I could say that I admire about him. Odd that I also hate it about him, too. 


Why am I writing this? 


I don't know. It just popped into my head that I say these things all the time... usually to myself. Isn't it scary that you know the inner workings of my brain? 


:) 


I wonder why I say these things to myself all the time. I wonder if I say them to the kids... if they will learn them and repeat them to themselves later. Or will they go the opposite and hate these "lessons." 


Or will they have a list of lessons that I taught them... maybe "Nobody likes whiny babies or tattle tales."  Or my most recent favorite for Bailey... "Would you say that to a friend at school?" or "Would you talk to your teacher that way?" or "Would you treat your friends that way?" Bailey is the perfect angel to her friends and teachers at school (which I'm thrilled by), but tends to forget how to be nice when she wants something at home. 


Jake's lesson would definitely relate to threatening things. He likes to tell Bailey he will "punch her in the face" if she doesn't do what he wants. Fortunately, he hasn't performed that action (at least not when we are looking), but the threat sounds horrible. lol. Hilarious... but horrible all the same. 


What's your favorite life lesson? 

0 comments: