header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />
Thursday, January 29, 2009
After our wonderful discovery of our tree in the yard, Brad went on to work and the kids and I curled up on the couch, happy to have electricity, food, and water. I had just said that I wish it had snowed instead of all of the ice, because it would have been so much fun to play in. Low and behold, we looked out the window to see the largest snowflakes falling from the sky. It fell so fast - about an inch an hour for a few hours. It made everything much more beautiful. And it made it possible to go out and play. Brad came home at about noon and the kids and I got bundled up (taking about 20 minutes) to go out and play in the snow.

I had to keep the kids near the porch - I kept hearing the trees cracking, as if they would fall over, and I was concerned that they'd get crushed by a falling limb or worse. So, it wasn't as fun as it could have been, but they enjoyed it nonetheless. Here are some shots from the day.


Bailey and Jake watching it snow.


If you look closely, you can see the huge snowflakes!


My favorite one of Jake from today.


Scratch that... I think this one was my favorite.


The swingset covered in ice and snow.


Bailey was chasing me... trying to hit me with snowballs (they wouldn't really stick together though).


Another shot of Bailey trying to get me...


The kids' favorite part of playing in the snow... hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows. Yes, they drink hot chocolate with a straw. Disgusting? I think so, but this keeps the hot chocolate from burning anyone if they spill it. Yes, we know this from experience.

And last, but certainly not least, my all-time favorite photo from today. My husband, after a bottle of wine and scraping the entire driveway, was exhausted. He was supposed to lay down with Jake to help him go to sleep. An hour later, I went to check on them... Jake was awake and Daddy was asleep. An hour after that, I couldn't resist this adorable photo.

0 comments: