header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Embarassing moments...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I was thinking today about all of the funny things kids say and laughing about some of the things that mine have said long ago and recently. With Bailey nearing the tender age of 4, she has repeated a lot of things... many times things that she should never have learned, but usually things that she has picked up and translated all on her own. Jake has begun this same practice, learning from his big sister and coming up with his own little unique style. Many of these stories are disturbing... making me sometimes question our parenting, but they are truthful. And I know for sure that I'm not the only one that has had these things happen. So, I'm sharing, despite the ridicule that they might cause. Here's to hoping that through each of the zany things that happen a lesson is learned (and hopefully it's not just a lesson for me). :)

Jake has decided that it is no longer fun to call me mommy. No, I have a new name (and thank goodness it isn't the name that I'm sure many of you are thinking it would be). :) Jake likes to call me monnie... And he does this knowing that I am mommy. When I correct him, he yells "mo-NNNNNNN-ie" back at me. All the while laughing and even sometimes hitting himself on the head as if to indicate that he knows he's being so silly.

Bailey has always been the talker and loves to figure things out. So... when she was just a bit older than Jake, she discovered the difference between boys and girls. Her little friend told her that he had a wee-nut and she had a poody. So... Bailey proceeded to tell our babysitters that her daddy had a big wee-nut. Yes, it could have been worse, Brad. :) She also decided that it would be great fun to point out all of the boys and girls at the health department one day. At the top of her lungs, she yelled as she pointed at each boy, "WEE-NUT" and at herself and the girls in the room, "POODY!" It probably would not have been that bad, but she made sure to grab herself to reinforce her translation. I was mortified.

Jake has grown interested in body parts as well... except he is more of a boob man. He likes to grab whoever is holding him with both hands on the chest, squeeze, and say "boobies." I have concerns about this. :) The most startling thing about this is that we really don't know where this came from. He just started doing this out of the blue! I secretly think Brad has been training him, but I'm sure I will never know the truth.

There are so many more that I could write a book of embarassing things that my kids say. But, I'll leave you with this last one for a good laugh. My mother-in-law and 9-year-old niece took Bailey to Walmart one day. Bailey was riding in one of those carts that has a car in front so she could drive. My niece, Rianna, was pushing her and Kathy (my mother-in-law) was standing in front of her picking things out. Bailey, impatiently driving on what was apparently a crowded road, yelled to her grandmother, "Move, b!*#&." What road rage lunatic in our family do you think got blamed for that one? She has since learned that there are no reasons for her to say bad words... even if she is only repeating and role playing. Ahh... is private school in the cards for us? Probably not... I think we might get kicked out before middle school and I'm not sure that's such a good way to start out.

Good ole public school with roughneck rednecks is probably the only way to go for us... :)

2 comments:

  1. cheryl said...:

    Laughing out loud . . . so what I needed this morning! My favorite has to be Bailey in the shopping cart! I'm afraid Connor is going to start calling people "idiots" and "morons" soon from a similar cause! :)

  1. andreaooten said...:

    Yay! I'm so glad to give someone entertainment! :) And very happy to hear that I'm not the only one. Sometimes I think that we live parallel lives with Bailey and Connor. I can read your blog and swear that I could have written the exact same thing. Sometimes it makes it hard for me to blog because I feel like I'm copying what you've written!!! Isn't that weird?! We really need to get together again soon. Maybe the weather will finally give us a break...