header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

2011... the verdict is still out. :)

Monday, January 17, 2011
Because I had a friend e-mail me to see if my 2011 was getting better, I figured I'd give you an update. 

It is getting better. 

The Escape is still not fixed. It's a long story. Not one worthy of spending much time on. Just know it costs a lot to get it fixed. And, apparently it takes a while too. :) So, we have it in the shop... hopefully we will get it fixed by the end of the week. 

The upstairs heating unit was never "really" broken. Funny story. When Brad put up all of our Christmas decorations in the attic... well, a bag "fell" over and hit a switch on the heater. Ninety bucks later... the heat is fine. :) Trust me... $90 is nothing in comparison to the cost of a new unit. So, no complaints here. :) 

The truck also had to have new brakes. Seriously, my mom and I were talking on the phone when my heat and car weren't working and my mom said, "It all comes in threes. Something else will happen." I am not exaggerating when I say that within 5 minutes, the truck started making a grinding noise. New brakes. 

So... in an answer... 2011 has been expensive. 

HOWEVER... 

I'm refusing to focus on it. 

All things happen for a reason and I guess this time, the reason is... I don't know what the hell the reason is... but somehow it will pay off in the end. 

And, because I have been distracted by these things (and spending extra time running back and forth between Brad's office, my office, the kids' two schools, and the YMCA), I have spent nearly NO time in 2011 focused on my list. And, maybe, just maybe, focusing on the list will help me feel like 2011 isn't so crappy. :) 

So, tonight, I have spent the past 15 minutes reading through my list and wondering which one is next to come off of it. 

And, well that got me to thinking... 

What would you guys like to see me do next? I know you won't actually "see" me, but what do you think I should do? Here are the options that I think would be most feasible in the nearest future: 

Research my family tree
Teach Bailey to tie her shoes
Snowboard
Ice Skate
Sing karaoke
Milk a cow
Learn to speak Spanish
Learn to paint
Learn to tango
Go snow tubing at a ski resort
Take a cooking class
Host a beer and/or bourbon and/or wine tasting party at our house

Help me decide. I'm not sure which one makes the most sense to go for next. I think Bailey's shoe-tying is a priority for the next few months, but it might not happen next. So, what do you think? Or do you have another suggestion? I'd love to hear what you all think!  

6 comments:

  1. Tiffany said...:

    Hey, I'm thinking research the family tree, I think it would be pretty interesting!! :)

  1. andreaooten said...:

    Haha! I actually have a lot on Papaw's side done. You would find it VERY interesting. Some really funny stuff. I'll have to bring it up there to show you guys... some of it is really hilarious. And, some of it is pretty fascinating. :)

  1. Please learn to tango. And let me come watch and take pictures...or better...video! I know you will crack up, well at least at first :) I want to salsa :)

    Karaoke would be pretty fun too :)

    If you want to paint, I may be able to do a class now if they're being offered! I still want to take one of those classes :)

  1. cheryl said...:

    Perfect season to go snow tubing. I vote for that. You can take the family with you, or not. Your choice. :)

  1. andreaooten said...:

    Oh girls... I don't know how I will ever decide. But, at least it's not just me... everyone seems split! :) I'm going to give it another day to think on it (and see if we have anyone break the four-way tie that is going on) and I'll let you know. :)

  1. Jess Toews said...:

    I think you should milk a cow. It sounds random :)