header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Summer... how I love thee...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Ah... summer... how I love thee... let me count thy ways... 


I could come up with 1,000 reasons. :) 


No... don't panic, I have not come up with 1,000 reasons to list. Yes, you can keep reading. :) 


This weekend, we celebrated Bret and Cilla's upcoming bundle of joy with a baby shower. Dawn and I'll be posting some pictures of this shower, along with lots of cute pics and details later on, but the theme was all things summery and rustic. It totally got me into this whole summer thing, as if the 90+ degree weather wasn't enough. 


So, yesterday (which will be two days ago by the time some of you read this), I fixed fresh lemonade and sat it out for my kids in my brand new lemonade pitcher with a spout. :) I also sat out some mason jars, too. And, I cleaned my house... really, really clean (except the office/sewing room/junk room/pit... that's going to take more time than I have in any given day). Then, I made a trip to the Bluegrass PRIDE to pick up my rain barrel that I purchased at half price through Pete's Deals (similar to Groupon, but specific to Lexington). I was so excited about this new purchase, that I just decided to go ahead and mow the grass. I swear, if it had not been for me getting tired and the kids wanting me to get them some food, I might have went ahead and dug up the portion of my yard that needs to be dug up to extend my garden. The summer gives me so many things to do... and so many things that I want to try... oh summer... can't you just stay a bit longer? 


We are getting a start on it though... Bailey and Jake have signed up for the summer reading program at our local library. We have one more regular season t-ball game (which we won't be at) and then we start the tournament. We leave for vacation in just a few short days (WOO HOO!), and what my kids would say is the most important thing... our pool membership is coming in very handy. :) 


Now, if I can only find a hammock and time to lay (or is it lie?) in it! :) 








0 comments: