header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

The List

Thursday, June 9, 2011
As I reviewed my blog tonight, I realized that there are several things that I need to link to in order to "update" my list. I haven't met my goal of marking off 20 items on my list by May 1, 2011. In all honesty, I knew that it was probably going to be a push to do that... and given a few circumstances beyond my control, there were some things that I just couldn't get done (like camping or Habitat for Humanity). BUT... no excuses... and no guilt. And that's because I'm pretty thrilled with all that I did accomplish in the past year. I did accomplish completely marking off 13 items, and I started working on several other, longer-term projects. Yes. I am pleased.


I will spare you the long overview of the things on my list that got marked off... if you've been reading, you already know (and thank you for helping me a along the way). If you haven't read and are interested, you can totally check out my list and read more details there as you like. :)


It has truly been a fun journey to work on my list and I am so happy that I'm still eager to mark things off. When I first started working on "the list" I really worried that it would be one of those things that I would get tired of working on after a while. Fortunately, that's just not the case. It continues to drive me... to push me to accomplish things. I don't think about it constantly like I did when I first started my list. I have to admit that I was a little bit obsessed with it for a while. But, it does come in spurts... I will not think about it for weeks and then I will get into the mood to work on it and then I'll start planning things like crazy. Of course, when someone (like a good friend from high school) sends me a message saying that they have started a life list because of the one that I published, well, I just can't help but get excited... to be inspired to keep working on things... and to remember that little bubble of excitement that came from making my list to begin with! Thanks for sharing with me, my dear friend... I love to hear about your lists and to know that we are all working toward living lives to the fullest! 


So, you know what it means when I write a post about my list, right? I'm in "planning things like crazy" mode. :) Not really. It has been on my mind for a while, since I have been thinking about our summer plans and many of my items are seasonal... but I'm not in the obsessed mode. With that being said, I have manipulated our vacation plans to include a stop in Charleston, South Carolina, which just happens to be on my list. :) Convenient, huh? :) It truly is/was. 


I can't wait to share more about Charleston with you all... if you have suggestions of things that are must dos, please let me know! We will only be there for about 2 days, so we'll be cramming a lot in... and remember we'll have a 4 and 6 year old with us, too! :) Until then...

0 comments: