header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Snow Angels

Sunday, March 9, 2008
SNOW! It finally REALLY snowed here! Bailey was so excited... even Jake seemed excited when I opened up the blinds on the sliding glass door. He stood mouth to glass, drooling over the snow. Well... OK... he does that everyday, but he was still pretty pumped.

Bailey and I bundled up to go outside Saturday morning. She was dressed in a 24 month size blue snowsuit (a hand-me-down for Jake from our babysitter), even though she can easily wear a 3T in everything. Her gloves were also a little snug, and her boots... well, they weren't snow boots, so they got wet pretty quickly. Despite my obvious unpreparedness (hey - we haven't had a real snow to warrant a snowsuit and boots since she's been born!), we had a wonderful time. She threw miniature snowballs at me, between huge bites of the snow. We attempted to make a snowman, but it kept falling apart, so we made a small snowman and then tackled it to the ground. We took big steps and little steps to see our footprints and I laughed as Bailey slid down her slide a little bit faster than usual because of the ice.

The best part, though, was making snow angels. Bailey and I "make" snow angels at home all the time. We have pretend snowball fights and drop to the ground to make snow angels at least once a week. It's probably one of her favorite things to pretend doing. Making a real snow angel just seemed extra special... it just doesn't snow enough around here. Or maybe I'm wrong. If it snowed all the time, I probably would take this moment for granted like I do so many other things.

0 comments: