header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Gratefulness Post Week 3

Monday, January 23, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 (Day 17/366) - Today, I'm thankful for food. I've been like a ravenous pig since I got back into my running routine. So, I'm thankful for food... and I have to figure out how to eat more without totally breaking the bank and/or grossing out everyone around me. I am packing my lunch to work everyday, so at least there's not that huge temptation to eat out, but I still have to figure out how to get fuller faster so that I'm not eating all of my lunch before 11 a.m. :) Suggestions of good (translation healthier) foods that fill you up fast?

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 (Day 18/366) - Today, I'm thankful for late night discussions with my hubby. Sometimes they don't end well, but sometimes we have a good laugh about the things that drive us crazy about each other most. I overslept this morning because of a good episode of Justified and one of those fun discussions with Brad. My best quality in his opinion - "You are never tired." My translation of this: "Please shut up and go the f*&% to sleep." :)  Which totally reminds me of this awesome video....You must watch...  http://youtu.be/cQZmU2GnUdA  IT IS NOT NOT NOT SAFE FOR WORK. :)

Thursday, January 29, 2012  (Day 19/366)- Great conversations with potential teachers. Tonight, I visited Jake's current preschool to discuss the possibility of him attending transitional kindergarten there in the fall. For those of you who haven't heard of this concept, it is basically a transition between preschool and kindergarten for young 5-year olds who just aren't ready for Kindergarten. Jake could do it... but the amount of fighting and corraling and dealing with tears every morning is just not worth it to me. One more year of growth is just bound to help. Anyway, more on that in another post. I'm thankful for teachers and other parents who reassure me that I'm doing the right thing. One parent said to me, "I've never heard of a parent who has said that they regret holding back their child." I thought that was a great point... and come to think of it, I never have talked to a parent who said that either.

Friday, January 20, 2012  (Day 20/366)- Tonight, I am grateful for fun times with great friends. Thankful for a night of Catch Phrase, a few too many drinks, and some dinner with Paul and Rebecca. I am thankful for comfortable recliners to fall asleep in and friends who are totally comfortable crashing at our place. And, of course, for mine and Rebecca's ability to totally understand each other's insane clues on Catch Phrase. :)

Saturday, January 21, 2012 (Day 21/366) - Today, I am thankful for the YMCA. I am thankful for a place to go and run when I just can't seem to do it outside. I'm thankful for a place for my kids to swim and grow stronger and more confident. I'm thankful for a place to entertain our kids where we don't have to shell out another $25 just for them to consume a bunch of junk and get a bunch of cheap toys to bring home.

Sunday, January 22, 2012  (Day 22/366)- Today, I'm thankful for pinto beans and cornbread. I'm thankful for pajamas. I'm thankful for great sales at Express. I'm thankful for football playoff games.

Monday, January 23, 2012  (Day 23/366)- Beautiful weather. In January. An outdoor run on a Monday night. A girl scout meeting that my friend and co-leader, Teresa, led. An ab workout with Jillian Michael's DVD with my hot hubby (and when I say hot, I mean, sweat-dripping all over the floor I just mopped hot). :)

0 comments: