header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Gratefulness Post Week 2

Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Still grateful... :)

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 (Day 10/366) - Sometimes it is the really little things in life that make me smile. Today, I truly laughed because of a package of peanuts. I had stopped at the gas station for gas and ran in to get a drink. I saw packages of peanuts and just had to have some. In the car, I decided to break them open (I am constantly starving when I have been on a running schedule). Upon opening them, I debated how to eat them... I could use my hands, politely picking one or two at a time, or I could just pour them into my mouth. I was on my way back to work and didn't want salt all over me. So, I broke out my redneck childhood moves and tossed them in my mouth. I laughed when I looked up and saw the man in the car behind me straining to see what I was doing. Immediately, I laughed about how I must look... all dressed up, tossing back peanuts from the package. And, all I could think was, "Man... if I had bought a Coke, I could totally channel my childhood and put a few in." Disgusting? Sure. Fun... ABSOLUTELY.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 (Day 11/366) - I am grateful for phone conversations with my best friend... the way she laughs and asks if Jake is OK as he throws a fit in the background and I just ignore his whining so that we can continue our conversation. I love that she knows when I say, "He's fine..." that it really means, "I'm going to have to put you on hold in about two minutes to yell at him and then I'll come back and pretend that nothing just happened."  I can't wait until I can return the favor for her when Steff is pissed off in the background of our conversations. :)

Thursday, January 12, 2012 (Day 12/366) - I love my husband's truck... and I am so grateful that we had it today, even though we didn't really need it. When I came out of work at 2:30 today, it was pouring the snow and I had to go all over the town to pick up the kids from school. My tires on my car are bald... I mean, really bald. So, I've been sliding a bit here and there in the rain. As soon as I saw that it was snowing, I called Brad to see if I could pick up his truck. Have I mentioned that Brad's work is about a mile from our house... and my work is about a mile from his work? Have I mentioned loving his new job? :) Anyway, I swung by and picked up the truck. It quit snowing about 10 minutes later and didn't snow again until we were all safely at home. Even though I didn't really need it, I love knowing that the truck has four wheel drive... that it can haul stuff in the rare event that we need to... and that I feel like a badass woman when I'm driving it. Haha. Really, I do... that is until I have to park it. Then, I feel like an incapable idiot. :) Also... today, I'm grateful for Kroger's sushi and for our DVR filled with new shows to watch when we are cuddled up because of snowy weather.

Friday, January 13, 2012 (Day 13/366) - I am grateful for one-hour delays at school... for complete tears from Bailey when she realized school wasn't out for a snow day... for complete belly laughs when she got to whiz a snowball at my head (and missed). I am grateful for salt trucks and underground utility wires (where I grew up, the snow often kicked off our electricity). I am grateful for the long list of friends that our kids have and for all the playdates, sleepovers, and party invitations they get.

Tonight, I am so grateful for the chance to have a date night with my husband while our kids have a sleepover at a friend's house. While Brad and I aren't the most romantic couple in the world, it is nice to get a chance to spend time together, just the two of us.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 (Day 14/366) - Today, I am thankful for so many things. I am grateful for my kids and their awesome ability to go and spend the night for the first time at their new friends' house. I'm am thankful that the parents of our kids' friends treat them so wonderfully and made them feel so good that they didn't want to leave when I went to pick them up this morning. I'm grateful for a morning at the salon, where I felt pampered just getting my haircut. I'm grateful for an evening of kids' activities... Brad taking Jake, meeting up with DW and Warren, and going to the Monster Jam at Rupp Arena; Me taking Bailey and two of her friends to see Dolphintale at the dollar theater. Jake had an amazing time, telling me when he got home all about the big trucks, the girl driver who he was rooting against only because she was a girl (yes, I'm confused about how he can be a sexist pig), and explaining it most simply by saying, "Mom... it was totally awesome." :) Bailey and her two little friends also had an equally fun time, giggling the entire way home. Their laughter is contagious and I was laughing about their silly little nonsensical jokes just as hard as they were. In a nutshell, today, I am grateful that I'm a mom... and that I married a man who is an awesome dad... and that we have two kids who appreciate the things we do together. :)




Sunday, January 15, 2012 (Day 15/366) - Church messages. I woke up this morning not wanting to crawl out of bed for church. But, I made myself go anyway. I am glad I did. Sometimes God just wants you to hear something and you just can't see it or hear it sitting at home. God - message received. :)

I'm also thankful for friendships. Rebecca gave me a shout this morning to see if we wanted to carpool to Hamburg to run errands. I had lots to buy at the grocery, so I warned her. She said she'd go anyway. I'm guessing she'll be more hesitant next time. haha :) But, we had a great time perusing some clearance racks at Target and talking girl stuff for a few hours. Then, we came home (Brad kept Bailey and her friend, Megan, and Jake and Joseph at the house), unloaded our groceries and headed to Rebecca and Paul's for dinner. I came home feeling very content. It was a great weekend.

Monday, January 16, 2012 (Day 16/366) - I am thankful for days off... for kids that are of the age to sleep in. For a good 3 mile run at the Y. For Bailey trying out new foods. For our dinner guests (Tara and family). And especially for my new food processor. Oh you know me... had to have a new project. So, this time it is all about hiding veggies in the kids' food so that they eat healthier without the uphil battle. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. :)

0 comments: