header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Gratefulness Post Week 5 (I think...). :)

Thursday, February 9, 2012
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 (Day 31/366) - I am grateful for my iPod. I had to run 5 miles indoors. If it was not for my iPod, I would have lost it. Period.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 (Day 32/366) - I am grateful for a very positive meeting this morning, a big decision to make, and dinner and drinks with a great friend and former co-worker. I am thankful for snuggly hugs and kisses from my babies before they fall to sleep... for great conversations with those same "babies," who seem to be growing into such mature little kids with such fabulous abilities to understand the real world.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 (Day 33/366) - Timing. Hard decisions, but good secure feelings in those decisions. Yesterday, I was offered a full-time development director position at the Living Arts & Science Center. I had turned this very same job down a few years ago for a variety of reasons, but primarily because I wanted to spend more time with the kids and I was able to do that because Brad had received a promotion. So, when it came back up, I had to really debate if I was interested. It's a funny thing... timing. Jake is about to go to school full time in the fall. A full-time job was definitely something I was toying with, but not sure about... so when this came up, well,  I just had to take advantage. I have loved the Living Arts & Science Center's mission and programs for years... and now I'm going to get to play a major role in its future. Pretty exciting (and nerve-wracking) stuff. :)

My favorite thing about this? My kids' response. I talked to each of them separately to make sure they weren't going to be upset... that they would understand and be OK with this. Bailey was immediately excited. She could go to after-school care with some of her friends. Social time... that's all she was concerned about. She even tried to help me figure out the best angle to pitch this to Jake. Geez. She is so going to be a fundraiser. Eek. I feel bad for her. :) Jake and I had to talk for a while and I'm still not 100% sure he understands. I talked to him about how he is turning 5 and has to go to school 5 days when he's 5. So, we talked a lot about how he has to practice for Kindergarten, etc. He was all about it before it was over... even asked me today if it's only 2 weeks until he gets to go 5 days like big kids.

So, more changes for the Ootens. Brad has a new job... so do I. That wasn't really in the plan, but I think it will work. I think we'll be happy and the kids will be able to adjust. I sure hope so. These things make me pretty nervous, even when I'm the big embracer of change. :) I sure am going to miss my Mondays and Fridays though. Better stop typing before I change my mind. haha.

Friday, February 3, 2012 (Day 34/366) - A cleaned out AND washed car. Olive Garden for dinner. The sweetest "I love yous" from the kids. I love them so much.

Saturday, February 4, 2012 (Day 35/366) - An awesome little boy's birthday party, where I got to meet a friend face to face that I met through blogging (and through Brad and Rebecca). Enjoying time at the birthday party where my kids just run and play and have a great time and I get to talk and catch up with friends, too. My cute hubby and his funny little quirks... his constant ability to remember movie lines, the way that he acts like it is such a hassle to take Jake down the big inflatable slide, even though he's dying to get on it himself. It's nice having him back to normal and less stressed. :) Running 10 miles at the YMCA track. It was horribly boring. 160 laps on the track. I just can't say anything else to describe how awful it was, but that I am thankful that I did it instead of running in the rain. Renting movies at the Redbox and cuddling on our couch as a family to watch them. I love a good fighting movie... it was great seeing Real Steel and Warrior. Totally got my testosterone fix there. :)

Sunday, February 5, 2012 (Day 36/366) - GIANTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! We had a great time with friends and got to watch Brad's favorite team of all time win. :) Extremely thankful that I was able to drive a happy hubby home and not a devastated one. Had the Giants lost, I would have not heard the end of it for weeks.

Monday, February 6, 2012 (Day 37/366) - Deep cleaning at the house. I am grateful for... um.... a functioning vaccuum cleaner? Sigh. It was a good day, despite all the cleaning. And, I'm thankful for this post by my friend, Sammye Jo. Totally took advantage of her tip to freeze sandwiches and have a week's supply of lunch for myself and Bailey already in the freezer. No more buying those overpriced Uncrustables for me. Sheesh... I wonder why it is that I never thought to freeze sandwiches? Sometimes I wonder how much of my brain goes unused each day. :)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 (Day 38/366) - Happy birthday to Cory! Thankful to have a little brother who has taught me so much over the years... someone to reminisce with about the good ole days and laugh about all of our crazy fights. I love having a brother... I'm so lucky to have two incredible ones.

Sorry for no pics this week... doing good to just get this one posted today and it's ALREADY THURSDAY! CRAZY TIME! :)

0 comments: