header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Sensitive

Monday, September 12, 2011
I procrastinate occasionally... like when I have a blog post almost complete and then decide that I really don't like a big section of it... and then instead of just re-writing it or working on it, I decide I want to do an entirely new post. 


Tonight is that night. Aren't you lucky? 


I remembered a story that I wanted to blog a while back... and never did. Or did I? Maybe I did and can't find it or recall it.


Either way, it was a story that I love because it shows the sensitivity of my little baby boy... at the sweet age of 4. 


We were at the movie theater to see Kung Fu Panda 2. The kids and I had met Brad at the dollar theater to see it after work one day this summer. I really enjoyed the first Kung Fu Panda, so I was probably as happy as the kids to go and watch it. I had no idea that my little man would end up in tears. 


Spoiler alert... if you don't want to know part of the movie, then don't read any further. :) 


About two-thirds of the way through the movie, Kung Fu Panda (Po) remembers a day from his childhood when his mother left him in a basket to save him from being harmed or killed by the enemy. It was a very visually dramatic part of the movie, where both the mother and the baby are sad and the baby is reaching for his mother from the basket. As you can imagine, it was very sad. That's when Jake turns around to look up at me from his position on my lap (he sits there to see over the seats in front of him, supposedly, but I think it's really because he just loves being cuddled up). Jake has big tears in his eyes and is puckering up the saddest little lip. He whispers, "His mommy left him." That's when I heard my heart break in half. :) Of course, I explained that she did it to save him, but he was still so upset. He choked back tears for the rest of the movie... and then he proceeded to cry when we walked out to the car, saying that it was just so sad that the panda couldn't stay with his mommy forever. 


Oh, my sensitive son. I hope you stay this way forever. 

0 comments: