header 2 copy />
header 3 copy />
header 4 copy />

Just a little weak stomach...

Monday, February 25, 2008
I took one look at my mom's face and knew that something had happened when she took Bailey to the bathroom at the mall. They were heading toward me, both with a frazzled look on their faces. I looked down at Bailey and saw that her pants were wet. I assumed she'd had an accident.

"What's wrong," I asked. "She didn't make it to the bathroom?"

Mom almost laughed and began to tell me about her experience. In mid-sentence, Bailey blurted out to me, "I pooked, mom... I pooked."

I knew instantly what had happened. You see, I have a daughter who is incredibly affected by any bad smells, sights, tastes, etc. to the effect that she will throw up if she is near the "bad" thing for more than a second. The bathroom had smelled terrible, and as soon as she had entered, she had started to gag. My mom, trying to help her get over this affliction, had put her on the potty, held her nose and encouraged her not to think about it. It was too late. Bailey puked all over her Mimi's coat and purse, and all over herself. She told her Mimi, just a little too late, "I gotta get outta here."

The look on my mom's face was priceless...

Note to anyone taking Bailey to the bathroom, if she starts to gag, get her out as quickly as possible. :)

0 comments: